"In Service of Country" is in development [devlog]
In Service of Country is a 2D action platformer primarily focused on local multiplayer, though we want to add online multiplayer as well. We have planned three game modes for the game.
- Capture the flag
- Capture the flag with GunPlay
All three modes will have different game types for example a game type could be last-man standing, first to ten or time attack. In capture the flag 2-4 players fight for the briefcase [the flag], when a player collect the briefcase, they need to deliver it at one of the extraction points.
In Gunplay 2-4 players fight with guns that is spawned around the level. Players will not be spawned with a gun, but can pick them up. Each guns have different fire stats and cannot be reloaded. If ammo run out, pick up a new gun. In this mode, the game will add twin-stick control, since the players aim with the right analog stick.
Run, jump, dash, shoot [only gunplay and combined game mode], collect/deliver briefcase [only ctf and combined game mode] and collect power-ups to beat your competition.
- Began work on leveleditor.
- Though we can’t promise anything in regards to final build.
- Added four levels made by MoPed Games.
- Added four characters made by MoPed Games.
- Added particle effects for run, jump, wall jump, dash and briefcase.
- Added animation to extraction points.
- Added sound effects.
- Added wall jumping.
- Redesigned it to get it more balanced.
- Added Capture the flag and gun modes.
- Added Time, Sudden Death and Points game types.
- Added horizontal and vertical moving platforms.
- Began work on online multiplayer.
- Again not gonna promise anything.
- Added Dash ability.
- And a bunch of other stuff.
- Added placeholder explosions on bullet collisions.
- Added camera shake on bullet collision.
In other news we had a team member attend Sweden Game Conference back in October, thanks to GameHub Denmark 😎. SGC is a totally awesome place to go to, if you are a smaller indie company looking for feedback on a game in development.
We got a lot of feedback, and tweaked a lot of smaller things & and did a redesign of the wall jumping system to make it feel better and give the players better control.
On a finishing note you can expect new a update biweekly - next scheduled update is Friday December 8th.
Original published on our website https://nervedamagegames.com/blog/category/devlogs/
Nerve Damage Games
Co-Owner, Community &
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.